Land of 10000 Lakes I
Minnesota
A state where I began to weave my American dream. I came here as a lost young adult, had lost the confidence I once had towards life, and everything to me was nothing but bleak. Yes, I was 20 years old and couldn't be more clueless about how I could turn my life around.
However, this state gave me the answer. I struggled with the lasting depression mixed with the cheerful delight resulting from the tiny discovery in my daily life. It was merely two months, but it led me to become an adult who I am today.
The 3 most quintessential traits of Minnesota would be "Green", "Tranquility", and "Mississippi River". There were no such things as mountains or hills in a seeable distance from where I lived, and the sky seemed always boardless. Indeed, no one can argue about why Minn is nicknamed green state once they see this view.
Trees were literally at every corner! The tree that I talk about is not the stand-alone-between-traffic-islands that kind of tree. It’s the classic one, the tremendous one, the stand-still and see-things-change-years-by-years one. It’s the one that you will feel accompanied by simply walking alongside it. These trees sheltered you and refreshed your soul. It is hard to explain why I was so obsessed with those giant trees, but every time I passed through blocks and blocks, that thrilling just burgeoned from my heart and filled me with exhilaration.
Browsing houses in Minnesota was never boring. No matter how many detached houses you've seen in Hollywood movies and series, you would still feel astonished about how lovely these houses really are. Fronted trimmed lawns and fabulous gardens, wooden bungalows with the tilted roof reflect the climate and resources in this state. Spacious backyards promise a place for a relaxing Sunday afternoon with your beloved. "Wish one day I could live in a gorgeous house like this by my own endeavor." I told myself.
As the third largest river system in the world, the journey of the Mississippi river starts from Minnesota, flowing 3,770 km all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. No one could come here without noticing this grand river.
The upper part of the Mississippi river is unique from its lower counterpart. It moves serenely but solemnly. Lives have been indebted to Mississippi since millions of years ago. Without it, Minnesota won't be full of vitality as it is today. Roaming along the bank, thinking about the grand journey of Mississippi, your mind will drift within it. It's like all the harshness that keeps you awake at midnight is just carried away to that unseeable destination.
Trees were literally at every corner! The tree that I talk about is not the stand-alone-between-traffic-islands that kind of tree. It’s the classic one, the tremendous one, the stand-still and see-things-change-years-by-years one. It’s the one that you will feel accompanied by simply walking alongside it. These trees sheltered you and refreshed your soul. It is hard to explain why I was so obsessed with those giant trees, but every time I passed through blocks and blocks, that thrilling just burgeoned from my heart and filled me with exhilaration.
Browsing houses in Minnesota was never boring. No matter how many detached houses you've seen in Hollywood movies and series, you would still feel astonished about how lovely these houses really are. Fronted trimmed lawns and fabulous gardens, wooden bungalows with the tilted roof reflect the climate and resources in this state. Spacious backyards promise a place for a relaxing Sunday afternoon with your beloved. "Wish one day I could live in a gorgeous house like this by my own endeavor." I told myself.
As the third largest river system in the world, the journey of the Mississippi river starts from Minnesota, flowing 3,770 km all the way down to the Gulf of Mexico. No one could come here without noticing this grand river.
留言
張貼留言